Partnering for Global Impact® provides a unique platform to showcase innovative solutions to the world's social challenges. We provide focused 10-minute sessions for companies and organizations to present their social impact initiatives to participants. The primary focus is on market-based solutions for poverty reduction with funding requirements of between CHF 250,000 and CHF 5 million.
PGI 2013 features initiatives in agriculture, education, financial services, healthcare, housing, and water. “Technologies for development” is a special theme of interest at this year's event.
Presenting companies or organizations should:
- Have a clear social purpose that makes investment from mainstream capital markets or traditional investors unavailable or difficult to access.
- Unless otherwise agreed, proposed investment must be to the presenting company alone. Prior investment in the presenting company is not required, but any funds already secured for the investment proposal should be outlined.
- Proposed investment cannot be to individuals and presenting companies must be legal entities in good standing, but at any stage of development.
- The presenting company must have a strong and reputable management team in place and staff/advisors with the relevant knowledge, skills and experience for the investment sector and region (or a clearly outlined staffing strategy).
- Presenting companies should have prior presentation experience and be able to formulate an attractive and engaging presentation to an audience of high-level investors.
- Seek an investment of between CHF 250,000 and CHF 5 million in the sectors covered by the event.
- The primary driver for the investment must be to create social value, with social impact taking precedence over financial returns.
- The social and environmental impact of the investment should be clearly outlined, along with a plan to measure and monitor this over time. Presenting companies are encouraged to adopt standard industry metrics and to align with global development goals.
- Investment proposals will be assessed for relevance in terms of sector and geographic needs, originality of the solution, efficiency and the potential scale of impact that can be achieved. Presenting companies are encouraged to submit new proposals that have not been widely circulated for investment.
- The investment proposal must be fully disclosable material submitted in English.
Please contact Manuela Hildebrand at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.